More Resources to Help You Speak Out
There are great resources available online to learn more about the costs and benefits of of natural health. One thing is certain — our current healthcare system is really a sickcare system. We need to move away from the current reactive system and expand our proactive measures to take control of our health. Here are a sample of organizations actively advocating for natural health issues. Please email us with other sites we should check out.
Don’t have internet access?
If you know of anyone who doesn’t have internet access but still wants to get involved, they can phone the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to speak with their legislators.
Grassroots Actions You Can Take – Click here to learn how to communicate with members of Congress, and:
- Find out what issues are affecting natural health
- Learn how to lobby a Congressperson
- Learn how to write to your elected representatives
- Identify your elected representatives
Advocacy and grassroots organizations
- Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) – Focuses on European issues, but provides a good example of issues addressing the U.S. if we continue to align with the Canadian model.
- Alliance for Natural Health – USA (ANH-USA) - Committed to protecting access to integrative medicine.
- Citizens for Health – A pioneer in the natural health freedom movement.
- National Health Freedom Action (NHFA) – Advocacy group committed to promoting access to health care information and products and also legislative reform of laws impacting the right to access.
- Natural Health Products Protection Association (NHPPA) - Canadian non-profit organization with the sole objective to protect access to natural health products and dietary supplements.
- Seeds of Deception - Presents evidence on the health and environmental dangers of genetically modfied crops, and what we can do about it.
- Truth in Labeling Coalition – Petitions FDA for labeling of all genetically modified foods so consumers have a choice in the marketplace.
Scientific organizations that provide natural health information:
- American Botanical Council (ABC) – Provides herbal medicine information.
- American Herbal Pharmacopeia (AHP) – Promotes the reponsible use of herbal products and herbal medicine.
- American Nutrition Association – Promotes optimal health through science-based nutrition and wellness education.
- Natural Health Research Institute (NHRI) – Supports science-based research on natural health and wellness.
- Natural Products Foundation – Promotes the integrity of natural products through quality, science, and education.
Other useful resources:
- American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) – The national trade association and voice of the herbal products industry.
- Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) – The leading trade association representing dietary supplement manufacturers and ingredient suppliers.
- Institute for Responsible Technology (IRT) – Educates policy makers and the public about genetically modified (GM) foods and crops.
- Natural Products Association (NPA) - The nation’s largest and oldest non-profit organization dedicated to the natural products industry.
- Non-GMO Project – A non-profit organization working to ensure the sustained availability of non-GMO food and products.
- Organic Trade Association (OTA) - Focuses on the organic business community in North America.
- Truth in Labeling – This website is dedicated to the truth about MSG.
- Your Vegetarian Kitchen – Recipes and tips for your vegetarian kitchen.